Superhero – Kick Start

Firstly I created a superhero of my own and her name was Meleseini which in english its Mary Jane. Meleseini is a Tongan girl who enjoys having the ability to control fire as well as using it against her enemies. People look at Meleseini thinking she’s an evil girl but in reality she loves to help people and teach them how to use their powers besides helping water (her enemies). 

The kick start activity was really fun because I liked how I got to make a character and explain what her backstory is and how she got her powers. I also enjoyed using the ai craiyon app which helps me find a picture of something I need. 

One thought on “Superhero – Kick Start

1. Mōrena Lisea,

This is such an awesome activity and what a great way to kick off the summer learning journey! I grew up reading a lot of comic books, especially ones about Batman and Robin, so I think superheroes are awesome and a special part of my childhood. I loved writing my own comics and designing my own superheroes so it is awesome to see everyone try their hand at designing a superhero (or villain).

I think your superhero looks awesome, I like the style of art you have used to design her with her beautiful Pasifika style headdress and clothing. Her powers seem quite interesting too, I imagine being able to control fire AND shapeshift would make her a pretty powerful hero.

Great job adding such a detailed backstory, it adds a lot more depth and understanding of your character!! Did you base your character on someone you know or another hero you have seen before?

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ