SLJ ComicQuest

For the first task of the Summer Learning Journey, we created a comic strip using our creativity, imaginenation, and the template and characters provided in this task. Me and my partner Mercy wanted to send a message to our audience which is to take care of our environment, we can do this by picking up rubbish and putting in the bin.

Our story is about a young girl wandering around the beach and she sees many things such as boys playing vollleyball, girls building sand castles and many more. As she was walking along the shore she hears people saying “free food”. Her curiousty got the better of her so she went towards the sound. She found that people were giving out free food to anyone which was a good deed, but there was a problem. The people hosting the free food event left a whole lot of rubbish which Mary picked up and made the beach beautiful and clean. 

We found this task interesting and fun because we used our creativity, imaginenation, and our ideas.

2 thoughts on “SLJ ComicQuest

1. Mōrena Lisea,

What an awesome kick start activity and great to see you starting off your summer learning journey blogging. I love this activity as I find reading and writing comics so fun, my favourite comics to read and write are mystery comics.

I think your comic is awesome and I love observations made my the girl as she walks around the beach seeing what she can find. What activities do you like to do at the beach or are you more like the girl in this comic?

It is great to see you participating in the summer learning journey again this year and I look forward to seeing more of your awesome posts, keep up the great work!

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ

1. Malo e lelei Zana,

I appreciate you for taking the time to comment on my blog on what you loved and for asking questions. Something I enjoy doing at the beach is playing sports such as volleyball, rugby touch, tug of war, and also getting to swim with my uncles and auntie dogs. What kind of activity’s do you enjoy doing during summer break? Once again thank you Zana for commenting, have an lovley afternoon.