My Bug of the Year

For this Summer Learning Journey Activity I have completed a task called My Bug of the Year. I needed to create my own bug which took me some time to think of what kind of bug I would do. But I had two bugs in mind which were a grasshopper and a spider, So I decided to put them together as well as adding some colours which the bug changes too. For example: The bug is in the sun so it will turn into a dark colour, then it goes under a shade or at night time it turns light. As you can see from the picture I have added legs to make the bug jump and run. It also has a pointy tail where it stings people if they try to assault it. 

2 thoughts on “My Bug of the Year

1. Kia ora Lisea,

What a cool hybrid bug. When I first saw it I thought it was a bee mixed with a spider which would be so scary for lots of people. Lots of people don’t like bees or spiders, putting them together would be double scary. I see you chose a grasshopper and a spider. What inspired you to pick these two insects?

I especially like how your bug changes colour depending on if it’s dark or light. It’s a good idea because it means in the dark we can still see it but during the day it can better camouflage with dark leaves and therefore will remain safe.

If I was creating a hybrid bug I’d pick a bee and a butterfly. The benefits of a bee but in a beautiful butterfly form that way people wouldn’t be scared of bees.

Keep up the blogging Lisea,
    Miss Pryde
    SLJ

1. Kia Ora Miss Pryde,

Thank you for the compliment on how you loved the colour changing on the bug by depending it from dark or light. How I got this idea of mixing the bugs was that I loved how bright and high a grasshopper can jump, and also I have been making some drawings from the spiderman logo which got me thinking if I would mix them together it would be a good combination. At first I was figuring out if I should try a bee and grasshopper but I saw a spiderman logo I liked so I decided to stick with a spider and a grasshopper.

Once again thank you for the compliment and enjoy the rest of your afternoon!!